Previous Bears & Animals

Thursday, January 29, 2009

IDEX Opens Friday

OK, today I set up for IDEX, that's the International Doll and Bear Show being held in Orlando this weekend at the Rosen Shingle Resort. I can drive because it's about an hour or so away. A show on this level means getting everything packed up this morning, like my displays, an extra table to work on etc. You really have to be on top of everything because you are in the room with the big companies not just big name artists!
I have done this show since1995, that's 12 years. Oh, my goodness! And each year I try to come up with something new to introduce to the stores. It's a challenge, but it's fun too. It keeps me creative, allows me to venture outside myself and really see what I can do. That's why I do this show. Today will be crazy with everyone coming into town and trying to get their space set up.
Then it will be run run run to keep up with the schedule, as there are seminars, girl scouts, auctions, you get the idea.
And there could be you! If you are in town come say hi, I'm at table #13, and the show is open to the public starting at noon on Saturday and on Sunday from 9:30-2pm.
But today I'm at home running around trying to make sure I have everything, me and the bears!

3 comments:

ginger@bearbits said...

Hi Darlene, I wish you the very best of luck at IDEX. I wish I could be there to see all your new creations and be a part of the excitement. I'll keep watching your blog for any report you have after it's all over. Have fun!

Robert Formon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robert Formon said...

(sorry, had a lot of typos in my last comment, so I decided to start over)

Hi Darlene,

Good luck at the show! I can't wait to see photos. I'm thinking of possibly attending this show next year. Can't wait to hear how it went.