Previous Bears & Animals

Friday, February 6, 2009

Sewing Machines

It's Friday and can't believe most of the week has been playing catch up. Yesterday was spent at Jo Ann Etc. fabric store getting material for one of the story teller books, the Wrinkly Knees, A Ragged book. Then spent the evening designing patterns.But when I'm not sewing it feels like i got nothing done.
But I am excited because There is a new sewing machine in my future(this weekend.) yay me! It will be a Viking, haven't had a new machine in about 16 years, and mine does not like how hard it has to work.The spool of thread always rises up in the air as I sew up off it's holder and then the thread comes out of the needle, it's sad.But the new one is a self threader and the thread holder is on it's side instead of up and down, I am gleeful just thinking of it.
How much easier and faster will work be when I'm not constantly slowing down to let the thread fall back down or rethreading the needle one more time. Joy.
Well off to more errands and back here to work at home.

5 comments:

ginger@bearbits said...

Hi Darlene, How exciting - a new sewing machine! Yea! And a Viking too. I've had Vikings all along and they've been great. Have fun and enjoy your new working toy!

Amanda said...

Hello Darlene, I've found your Blog on 100 best blogs, lovely to meet you. Amanda x

CubbyHole Cubs said...

Hi Darlene, I've just read your blog from 100 best blogs and thought I'd say hi. A new sewing machine is always something to get excited about, hope you enjoy it! Me, I'm terrified of them lol

Andrea
Cubbyhole Cubs

La said...

I want to hear about the new sewing machine!

Darlene said...

Hi Amanda and Andrea, thanks for dropping by:) And I really like the new machine Andrea, it hasn't bit me yet!