Previous Bears & Animals

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Still Here

Sorry, I seem to be off my game. Haven't been back in my workroom yet. All my activities seem to revolve around food as of late. I do a cooking class for our church summer camp for kids ages 5 - 12. This year it's an Italian summer. The first class was chicken parmesan and a green salad with walnuts and raspberries. There are 25 kids and about 6 -8 that hadn't been in any of my former classes. So they had to start off with how to properly use a sharp knife in the kitchen, I promote safety.
This class also involved cooking for people with allergies as there is a student allergic to tomatoes, dairy and nuts. Having a daughter that grew up eating meat only to become highly allergic to meat, fish and fowl, I adapt well to changing recipes but also teach my other students tolerance and inclusion in their cooking efforts.
These kids pick up so fast and enjoy themselves so much that it is fun to work with them. Then there was another function where I made a teriayki pork loin roast. Like I said nothing but food! Aren't i suppose to be losing weight?!

4 comments:

La said...

Well, if you keep giving all the food away, I think it's working! LOL! Let's go back to Ethos!

Darlene said...

Yes, Ethos deserves a return visit!

ginger@bearbits said...

Hi Darlene, You are a woman of many talents. I am not surprised to see you being so generous of your time and sharing your knowledge. Good for you and excellent for the kids. I'll bet they are lovin' it!

Darlene said...

thanks Ginger,
you are always so kind