Previous Bears & Animals

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Atlanta, R.Thomas Deluxe Grill

So I am in Atlanta, ok Lawrenceville. The flight was uneventful, there was a very young military wife on board with her three month old baby girl, who is waiting to join her husband in Germany.
Such a cute baby and she was very good. Our flight arrived early, so early we had to wait to go to the gate.
But my daughter was waiting for me and we went straight to dinner at one of her favorite places, R. Thomas, and it was wonderful. It has great atmosphere and the food was just great. She's vegan so she had the vegan burger with home fries and I had the grilled chiken sandwich with shoestring ginger beets. And the desert, white chocolate cheescake with raspberries,(seriously!) for me, and my daughter had vegan hummingbird cake, both wonderful.
Now I respect the fact that my daughter is vegan so, my husband and I don't eat meat in her home when we visit, only out at restaurants. So this was a place we could both enjoy ourselves. When she visits us, I'm taking her to the new vegan restaurant in Winter Park, Fl. Just as soon as I remember where it is, he he he. I put that review in a safe place, which means I might not find it. Oh well I'll have to call the newspaper to find out where it was.
Hope you had a good meal too.

2 comments:

Heidi Steiner said...

Hi Darlene- Glad you had a safe trip and are enjoying a wonderful time with your daughter!
Heidi

Darlene said...

thanks Heidi,
it's been fun, we're on the return trip and have stopped in Nashville overnight. My daughter loves country!

Hugs and joy,Darlene