Previous Bears & Animals

Monday, November 30, 2009

Renningers Extravaganza Nov. 2009

Went to the extravaganza weekend before Thanksgiving but with the holiday and being under the weather I hadn't posted.
Met bear artist, Jane Woodard and bear collector and writer, Beth Phillips for lunch. They had already been exploring just like me! It was a great day, there were some old bears out there but the prices were pretty up there too. Not much luck on old toys either. One vendor had a sampleman's piano bench but I couldn't see paying $125 for it when another vendor had a regular child size one selling at just $36. So you just have to be aware and look around. So what did I find? Ahh!



Vintage bottle brush trees








Buttons, buttons, buttons! To sew on and to pin on!


Doll clothing that will show up on character bears soon.


A 1934 Popeye card game, cause as a kid Popeye was my favorite cartoon.








And just a sampling of the old prints I was lucky enough to pick up. If you get the chance - Go! Your lucky find is waiting for you, and maybe we'll meet for lunch!

4 comments:

ginger@bearbits said...

My dear - you do know where to find the treasures! Love the trees! I must not be haunting the right places. Buttons too. At the flea market this past weekend there was a vendor that had oodles and oodles of buttons. Where do you start??? And the dolly clothes - what a discovery. Can't wait to see what you use them on. No doubt it will be fantastic as always.

Darlene said...

Hi Ginger,
I'm busy getting ready for your party Saturday! I love flea markets too. And it's hard to drag me from the buttons.
A hint to my party- do you have icicles?

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love all your beautiful things! You have wonderful blog! Hope you'll visit me, too!

Darlene said...

Yes, I did visit your blog and had a great time at yours too.