Previous Bears & Animals

Friday, January 18, 2013

Renningers Antique Extravaganza

I met myself today in Mt. Dora! Was enjoying the antique extravaganza when I saw this in a dealers stand:




It's a bear I made in 1995! It's former owner, who had over 100,000 bears, had to downsize when she moved to a smaller place. She had been in 7,000 square feet before with four rooms dedicated to her bears!




These were from her collection too.
It was cold and windy but still a great day to look for treasures. And everybody else thought so too! Such a large turnout and I didn't even see the whole thing this time. There was so much to cover.
But I did find some good things.




Wait till you see what characters these will be a part of. And the ones below are purposely turned away from you, they are from the forties and wait till you see the front! Hehe in a future post, I promise.



Well that's all for now, I've got plenty to keep me busy. I'll show you soon.

3 comments:

The Bear's Blog said...

And you didn't bring him back home? I would have grabbed him and adopted him. Sure hope he finds a good forever home.

Your treasures are wonderful, sounds like a fun day.

Hugs & happy weekend

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

Must of been quite a shock to see him there.
I found a doll I made back in the early 80s in PA, out here in AZ in a thrift store not too long ago. I took the hint and bought her.

Darlene said...

Guess I should have brought the poor guy home but had high hopes of someone new falling for him.

I did have great fun, just not enough time to see everything.